If you are having problems, clearing your cookies, cache or browsing history. If that does not work try one of the solutions below depending on which internet connection you are using, by updating your browser.
IE Browser Update
- Click "Start," "All Programs" and then "Windows Update." You can also open Internet Explorer, click "Tools" and then choose "Windows Update."
- Click "Check for updates." A list of updates will appear.
- Select the updates and click "Install Updates" and wait for the installation to complete.
- Click "View available updates" if you want to install optional updates. Check the boxes next to optional updates you wish to install and then click "Install" or "OK."
Firefox Browser Update
- Open Firefox. Click its icon on your desktop or in your start menu.
- Click on "Advanced" under the tool menu. A window pops up.
- Choose the "Update" in the window. This gives you a list with boxes to check.
- Check the items that suit your Internet needs. You can choose automatic updates and Firefox updates when the updates become available.
- Pick "OK" to continue. Firefox searches and installs any available updates.
- Restart your computer. Firefox tells you when the updates have installed and that you need to reboot to activate them.
- Go to "Options" under the tools tab and then go to "Advanced" to look at your update settings.
Google Chrome Browser Update
- Click "The 3 Little Black Lines" on the top bar in the Google Chrome browser window.
- Scroll down to "Help".
- Click "About Google Chrome" in the list.